Saturday, January 10, 2009

Funny Phrase Time from a Four-Year-Old

It was a typical chaotic morning exit from the house one day this week. Shelby was crying and didn't want to be let down so that I could finish getting ready, give medicine to the kids and gather stuff to head out the door. Harlan woke up on the wrong side of the world (as daddy puts it). He didn't want to brush his teeth or get dressed and definitely didn't want to go to daycare that day for some unknown reason. I looked at Harlan's pitiful and pouty face and asked him what was wrong. I knew that he was having a bad morning and he just didn't want to do anything or go anywhere. He looked at me and said "I have a sutsky attitude." Not sure where he has heard this phase but after I could hold back my giggle, he looked up and smiled back.

I would love to hear your kiddo's tongue twisters and funny phrases. Let me know your favorites.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Last month while driving around looking at Christmas lights Cecilia said,

"Mom, next year I want us to have one of those God things with a tent in our yard."

Yeah, that would be a nativity scene Ceci.